- Incorporates infrared image processing into model to improve accuracy in geographies that experience heavy snowfall.
- Adjustment to upper clear sky bounds to support improved cloud measurement precision.
- Improved hour-ending integration algorithm that results in increased hourly accuracy.
- Algorithm is not applied to “SolarAnywhere, Irradiance centered on satellite measurement time” output format requests.
- Adjustment to DNI values in Nov 2012 in some areas around Hurricane Sandy.
|2.1/2.2 annual values
- Annual totals available.
- Additional service method allowing selection of annual totals.
- Refinements to timeshifting and typical GHI/DNI year algorithms.
|2.0 Enhanced Resolution
- Enhanced Resolution (1km) data added for California.
- Additional service method allowing selection of spatial and temporal data resolution.
- “GlobalIrradiance (W/m2)” column renamed to “Global Horizontal Irradiance (GHI) W/m2”.
- “DirectIrradiance (W/m2)” column renamed to “Direct Normal Irradiance (DNI) W/m2”.
- “DiffuseIrradiance (W/m2)” column renamed to “Diffuse Horizontal Irradiance (DIF) W/m2”.
|2.0 tool compatibility release
- New compatability features for direct import into PVSYST and NREL Solar Advisor Model.
- All estimates centered at top-of-hour representing last sixty minute averages (by default).
- Diffuse Horizontal Irradiance (DHI) estimates added to output files.
- PV Simulation: GHI Average 12 Months files containing 8760 hourly values for representative year based on historical time-series.
- CS Simulation: DNI Average 12 Months files containing 8760 hourly values for representative year based on historical time-series.
- PVSYST Preliminary Design-compatible Average Month Days files.
|2.0 initial release
- Improved v2.0 model with estimates for snow and other high albedo conditions.
- Hourly forecasts up to seven days in advance.
- Historical data extended back to January 1, 1998 and processed with new v2.0 model.
- Nighttime temperature and wind values.
- More granular descriptions of how each specific output data value was generated via additional ObservationTypes and a new forecast LeadTime column.
- Adjustable hourly ObservationTime (time shift).
- Updated website with graphical map interface.
- Email option for dataset delivery.
- Synchronization of Hawaii model data including sunrise/sunset hours update, all Hawaii GHI and DNI data impacted.
- Adjusts albedo parameters in global model, all GHI and DNI data impacted. METAR wind and temperature data patches for select locations.