SolarAnywhere® DataPrecise, bankable solar irradiance data
Solar Data License Types
Ideal for obtaining an initial, high-level assessment of solar resource availability at a potential project site, and running energy simulations
The Typical Year subscription gives you instant access to trusted solar resource data, ideal for prospecting through project engineering.
- Long-term average solar weather files from the most trusted source in the industry. Explore our validation methodology to learn how we calculate Typical Year
- Standard resolution (10 km, hourly) everywhere we have coverage
- Easy-to-use web portal including on-demand access for any number of users at your company
SolarAnywhere Sites offers accurate and comprehensive solar data for your project—the most bankable data for PV project financing and asset management
- Full historical time series; compare to measured data for resource assessment and performance analysis
- Keep your analysis up to date—each site license includes 1 year of access to the latest data and an on-demand renewal option at reduced operational pricing
- Improve accuracy in complex terrain with enhanced resolution (1 km, 30 min.) data
- Characterize interannual variability with unlimited probability-of-exceedance SolarAnywhere PXX Data downloads
- Refine loss estimates with snow, precipitation and particulate matter data
NO-COST ACCESS AT SELECT LOCATIONS
Complete and current SolarAnywhere irradiance and weather data for select locations around the world at no cost
- Use high-fidelity data at no cost for research, model development, training and more
- Experience on-demand access to complete and current solar data, including enhanced-resolution typical-year and time-series data updated through the trailing day
- Test the full range of data available for industry-leading solar resource assessment and asset management, including probability of exceedance (PXX) data for weather risk assessment, and precipitation and particulate matter data for modeling snow and soiling losses
- Explore more than 30 global locations, each featuring a city landmark
- Demo the SolarAnywhere web portal and download formats
- Commercial use not supported
Ground Tuning Studies
Combine your ground-based measurements with SolarAnywhere® irradiance data to reduce the uncertainty of your solar resource assessments and increase project profitability.
SolarAnywhere Ground-Tuning Studies use an advanced site-adaptation methodology to tune long-term solar resource data to your ground-based measurements.
SolarAnywhere Data Resources
PV innovation gets a boost with new SolarAnywhere Public: Current, complete, no-cost solar data for select locations
Solar PV is poised to become the new “king of electricity generation” according to the International Energy Agency (IEA), which predicts solar to lead the surge in renewable power supply over the next decade. Across the U.S. alone, solar is expected to account for 40%...
With the rapid growth of solar PV around the world, project developers, owners and operators need efficient and robust solutions to help them develop, operate and maintain PV systems at scale. Programmatic access to solar energy simulations helps stakeholders make...
In the SunCast podcast “The Value of Data on Solar Project Finance,” I joined Nico Johnson, the podcast host, Heidi Larson from ICF, and Hoa Shen from kWh Analytics in a discussion about the past, present and future of solar project financing. The conversation focused...