SolarAnywhere® DataPrecise, bankable solar irradiance data
Solar Data License Types
Ideal for obtaining an initial, high-level assessment of solar resource availability at a potential project site, and running energy simulations
The Typical Year subscription gives you instant access to trusted solar resource data, ideal for prospecting through project engineering.
- Long-term average solar weather files from the most trusted source in the industry. Explore our validation methodology to learn how we calculate Typical Year
- Standard resolution (10 km, hourly) everywhere we have coverage
- Easy-to-use web portal including on-demand access for any number of users at your company
SolarAnywhere Sites offers accurate and comprehensive solar data for your project—the most bankable data for PV project financing and asset management
- Full historical time series; compare to measured data for resource assessment and performance analysis
- Keep your analysis up to date—each site license includes 1 year of access to the latest data and an on-demand renewal option at reduced operational pricing
- Improve accuracy in complex terrain with enhanced resolution (1 km, 30 min.) data
- Characterize interannual variability with unlimited probability-of-exceedance SolarAnywhere PXX Data downloads
- Refine loss estimates with snow and precipitation data
Trial and academic access to legacy Typical Year and time-series data
- Experience the web portal and download formats
- Data suitable for academic studies or feasibility analysis
- Limited access
- Commercial use not supported
Ground Tuning Studies
Combine your ground-based measurements with SolarAnywhere® irradiance data to reduce the uncertainty of your solar resource assessments and increase project profitability.
SolarAnywhere Ground-Tuning Studies use an advanced site-adaptation methodology to tune long-term solar resource data to your ground-based measurements.
SolarAnywhere Data Resources
In the SunCast podcast “The Value of Data on Solar Project Finance,” I joined Nico Johnson, the podcast host, Heidi Larson from ICF, and Hoa Shen from kWh Analytics in a discussion about the past, present and future of solar project financing. The conversation focused...
SolarAnywhere®, the industry’s leading solar data and intelligence service, now offers solar data services in East Asia and Oceania, including Japan, Australia and New Zealand. With the addition of this region, SolarAnywhere now provides full global coverage,...
Reduce PV performance uncertainty with specific, data-driven snow-loss estimates using time-series data
A rapid decline in solar technology costs and ambitious federal and state-level renewable energy targets have accelerated the deployment of solar PV across diverse geographical regions. This has allowed solar generation to become viable even in northern latitudes and...