SolarAnywhere® DataPrecise, bankable solar irradiance data
Solar Data License Types
Ideal for obtaining an initial, high-level assessment of solar resource availability at a potential project site, and running energy simulations
The Typical Year subscription gives you instant access to trusted solar resource data, ideal for prospecting through project engineering.
- Long-term average solar weather files from the most trusted source in the industry. Explore our validation methodology to learn how we calculate Typical Year
- Standard resolution (10 km, hourly) everywhere we have coverage
- Easy-to-use web portal including on-demand access for any number of users at your company
SolarAnywhere Sites offers accurate and comprehensive solar data for your project—the most bankable data for PV project financing and asset management
- Full historical time series; compare to measured data for resource assessment and performance analysis
- Keep your analysis up to date—each site license includes 1 year of access to the latest data and an on-demand renewal option at reduced operational pricing
- Improve accuracy in complex terrain with enhanced resolution (1 km, 15 min.) data
- Characterize interannual variability with unlimited probability-of-exceedance SolarAnywhere PXX Data downloads
- Refine loss estimates with snow, precipitation and particulate matter data
- Evaluate how solar forecasts can improve dispatch algorithms and optimize your PV plant design to deliver firm power with hindcast data
- Assess clipping losses and ramp rates with High-resolution Data with True Dynamics™ (TD), available as an on-demand upgrade (Continental U.S. only)
NO-COST ACCESS AT SELECT LOCATIONS
Complete and current SolarAnywhere irradiance and weather data for select locations around the world at no cost
- Use high-fidelity data at no cost for research, model development, training and more
- Experience on-demand access to complete and current solar data, including enhanced-resolution typical-year and time-series data updated through the trailing day
- Test the full range of data available for industry-leading solar resource assessment and asset management, including: probability of exceedance (PXX) data for weather risk assessment; precipitation and particulate matter data for modeling snow and soiling losses; and hindcast data to optimize plant operation for firm power delivery
- Explore more than 30 global locations, each featuring a city landmark
- Demo the SolarAnywhere web portal and download formats
- Commercial use not supported
Ground Tuning Studies
Combine your ground-based measurements with SolarAnywhere® irradiance data to reduce the uncertainty of your solar resource assessments and increase project profitability.
SolarAnywhere Ground-Tuning Studies use an advanced site-adaptation methodology to tune long-term solar resource data to your ground-based measurements.
SolarAnywhere Data Resources
Solar Generation Index 2022: Continued P50 underperformance of 7-13% highlights need for accurate data and greater transparency
Despite continued supply chain disruptions in 2022, the U.S. solar industry’s outlook appears strong with the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA). SEIA and Wood Mackenzie have increased their U.S. solar deployment forecast, expecting the industry to triple...
Implicit storage continues to gain support to enable renewables to deliver firm power, cost effectively
With solar and wind providing a greater percentage of electricity, managing the intrinsic intermittency of variable resources is becoming increasingly important. How do we overcome this intermittency? Answering this question has been the focus of an international...
2022 Solar Risk Assessment Report: Expert insights into key risk factors impacting solar assets globally
Although 2021 marked the third year in a row that solar represented the largest share of new generation capacity in the U.S., continued supply chain constraints, tariff investigations and inflation all pose uncertainty for 2022 project development pipelines. In this...