The November 15, 2023, 7 pm PST (November 16, 2023, 3 am UTC) scheduled maintenance was completed within the planned window. Thank you for your patience while we made upgrades to our background technology for enhanced performance and stability.
Upcoming Scheduled Maintenance
No maintenance events have been scheduled at this time.
For best practices and answers to frequently asked questions, please explore the sections below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to prepare for an upcoming maintenance event
- Historical data users should make necessary data requests prior to the planned outage.
- API requests made before the maintenance window will be accessible after service has been restored. Any request made during the maintenance window will have to be re-submitted after service has been restored.
- Real-time/SystemCheck data will not be available during the maintenance period. Once maintenance is complete, users can query for any missed timestamps.
- Any Simulation or WeatherRequest IDs created prior to the maintenance window will remain valid and can be requested once maintenance is complete.
- API users should plan to make any requests before or after the maintenance window.
- Forecast deliveries scheduled during the outage window will not be delivered. Once maintenance is complete, forecast deliveries will resume.
- Deliveries scheduled during the outage window will not be delivered. Once maintenance is complete, deliveries will resume.
SolarAnywhere Data — Can I download any historical data files during the scheduled maintenance?
No, Typical Year and Sites data will be unavailable to download during the outage.
SolarAnywhere SystemCheck — Can I retrieve real-time data during the outage? If not, can I later retrieve the missed timestamps after the maintenance is complete?
Real-time data will not be available during the outage. However, once the maintenance is complete, the missed timestamps will be retrievable via API.
SolarAnywhere Forecast — Will scheduled forecasts still be delivered?
SolarAnywhere Forecast customers can expect to receive daily scheduled forecasts as normal. Hourly and sub-hourly deliveries will not be received during the maintenance window, but will resume once maintenance is complete.
SolarAnywhere FeetView — Will scheduled FleetView data still be delivered during the maintenance window?
SolarAnywhere FleetView customers can expect to receive daily scheduled deliveries as normal. Hourly and sub-hourly deliveries will not be received during the maintenance window, but will resume once maintenance is complete.
When and for how long will SolarAnywhere services be unavailable?
SolarAnywhere web access (data.solaranywhere.com), API services, SFTP and email deliveries will be unavailable for a period of up to two hours, Wednesday, November 15, 7:00 – 9:00 pm PST (Thursday, November 16, 3:00 – 5:00 am UTC).
Will the SolarAnywhere API be available during the outage?
No, API users will receive a 503 Service Unavailable Error response to any API requests.
Will I be alerted when SolarAnywhere services are available?
Yes, registered users will receive an email notification when the maintenance is complete. At this time, all SolarAnywhere services will be available.
Can I access the SolarAnywhere data website during the outage?
No, during the maintenance window, all SolarAnywhere services will be unavailable, including the website, API services and SFTP and email deliveries.
Can I retrieve SolarAnywhere data through a third-party modeling tool such as PVsyst during the maintenance?
No, third-party integrations will be unavailable during maintenance.
Will my downloaded files be impacted on the SolarAnywhere website after the outage?
No, your downloaded files will not be affected. All files downloaded from the website prior to the scheduled outage will be available once maintenance is complete.
How will scheduled SFTP and email deliveries be impacted?
- Customers can expect to receive daily scheduled deliveries as normal. Hourly and sub-hourly deliveries will not be received during the maintenance window, but will resume once maintenance is complete.
Partner Integration FAQ
Will our customers be able to retrieve SolarAnywhere data through our modeling services during the maintenance?
No, third-party integrations will be unavailable during maintenance. API integration partners should inform users that they’ll be unable to make new API requests for SolarAnywhere data during the maintenance window.