SolarAnywhere® DataPrecise, bankable solar irradiance data
Solar Data License Types
Ideal for obtaining an initial, high-level assessment of solar resource availability at a potential project site, and running energy simulations
The Typical Year subscription gives you instant access to trusted solar resource data, ideal for prospecting through project engineering.
- Long-term average solar weather files from the most trusted source in the industry. Explore our validation methodology to learn how we calculate Typical Year
- Standard resolution (10 km, hourly) everywhere we have coverage
- Easy-to-use web portal including on-demand access for any number of users at your company
SolarAnywhere Sites offers accurate and comprehensive solar data for your project—the most bankable data for PV project financing and asset management
- Full historical time series; compare to measured data for resource assessment and performance analysis
- Keep your analysis up to date—each site license includes 1 year of access to the latest data and an on-demand renewal option at reduced operational pricing
- Improve accuracy in complex terrain with enhanced resolution (1 km, 15 min.) data
- Characterize interannual variability with unlimited probability-of-exceedance SolarAnywhere PXX Data downloads
- Refine loss estimates with snow, precipitation and particulate matter data
- Evaluate how solar forecasts can improve dispatch algorithms and optimize your PV plant design to deliver firm power with hindcast data
- Assess clipping losses and ramp rates with High-resolution Data with True Dynamics™ (TD), available as an on-demand upgrade (Continental U.S. only)
NO-COST ACCESS AT SELECT LOCATIONS
Complete and current SolarAnywhere irradiance and weather data for select locations around the world at no cost
- Use high-fidelity data at no cost for research, model development, training and more
- Experience on-demand access to complete and current solar data, including enhanced-resolution typical-year and time-series data updated through the trailing day
- Test the full range of data available for industry-leading solar resource assessment and asset management, including: probability of exceedance (PXX) data for weather risk assessment; precipitation and particulate matter data for modeling snow and soiling losses; and hindcast data to optimize plant operation for firm power delivery
- Explore more than 30 global locations, each featuring a city landmark
- Demo the SolarAnywhere web portal and download formats
- Commercial use not supported
Ground Tuning Studies
Combine your ground-based measurements with SolarAnywhere® irradiance data to reduce the uncertainty of your solar resource assessments and increase project profitability.
SolarAnywhere Ground-Tuning Studies use an advanced site-adaptation methodology to tune long-term solar resource data to your ground-based measurements.
SolarAnywhere Data Resources
Each year Clean Power Research® makes updates to SolarAnywhere® to continue our tradition of providing the solar industry and utilities with the world’s best solar data and intelligence services. This year’s releases include: Global, easy-to-access snow and soiling...
2021 North America Weather Report: Extreme weather and solar resource deviations reinforce recent observed trends
According to NOAA, in 2021, the U.S. experienced 20 separate, billion-dollar weather and climate disasters, second only to the record 22 separate billion-dollar events in 2020. The diversity of disasters was notable, as seen in the graphic below.Several disasters...
Sunlight is dynamic. Imagine sunlight filtering through broken, drifting clouds. Shadows and light race across the landscape. The sun tracks across the sky. This is the real world that solar systems operate in. It’s no surprise that hourly PV modeling—still solar...